Thursday, April 24, 2008

Support for Healing is dying, and with it my SL purppose

I can't help but recognize one fact this month.

Support for healing is dying.

At the beginning of the month the domain hosting for supportforhealing.com was not renewed. It's now in its "grace period" prior to being deleted. Despite on a number of occasions me suggesting we moved it to a domain I administer, there has yet to be an answer.

This morning, the person I would have appointed as manager of the island helpers in the event that I needed to leave second life abruptly left, deleting all his prims on the island. This came as a shock to me since I have no idea why he left. He also unfriended me, so I don't know if he'll respond to my IM about it.

There's a donation meter on the island now. I'm given to understand that this months tier is okay, but so far next months tier is in doubt. The donation meter was at 20% when I last looked.

It looks like the island that drew me to SL in the first place is in its death throws, and may close within the next two months. If it does, with my new job an increasing demand on my time, I may well leave SL myself. It's sad to think about this, but I may end up moving on simply because what I loved more than anything about SL has died. Blue Angel memorial garden closed last month, and if Support for Healing goes the same way, Untameable Wildcat will quietly die with it.

I doubt anyone will notice.

No comments: