Friday, December 29, 2006

Login issues

Second life crashed. Spectacularly. So spectacularly they had to close the grid for a while. While it was down I noticed something which they REALLY need to work on as a matter of high priority. While the status page said "Grid Offline" the client was still happily saying "Grid Online" and giving logged in numbers. Something isn't right here. The blog said that everyone was logged out when the asset server issues became serious, yet as you can see from this quick movie I made the client failed to notice the entire grid was down for almost 12 minutes after it went down.

Because I'd been online at the time the grid crashed, I knew it wasn't online, but really this does surprise me that there should be such a long discrepancy between the client and the actual status. I'd have thought that would be high priority to try and correct... maybe that's just me thinking too logically again.

No comments: